Our RangesFort Harmar has two range facilities, indoor and outdoor.
Our indoor range is located just outside the City of Marietta in the adjoining neighborhood of Oak Grove and is within a 7 minute drive of Historic Downtown Marietta. This facility has six bays and is used for pistols and .22 caliber rifles. Often, our members who are NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructors or OPOTA Certified Pistol Instructors will use this facility to teach classes that will qualify you to apply for your concealed carry permit. Our clubhouse is also located at this facility.
Our outdoor range is located on Fifteen Mile Creek road and is about a 25 minute drive from Interstate 77 Exit 1 in Ohio. This facility includes a 425 yard rifle range, plus a pistol range with 7 separate bays of varying sizes, including a shoot house. All calibers of pistols, rifles, and shotguns can be used at this facility. Most of our matches and activities, including IDPA, GSSF, Women on Target will use this facility due to its large size and multiple bays.
Locations & Features
Physical Address: 2951 Waterford Rd., Marietta, OH 45750
GPS Coordinates: N39.449185, W81.473322
From Interstate 77:
1. Take exit 1 toward Marietta, go 0.3 mi
2. Merge onto Pike St, go 1.1 mi
3. Pike St ends, and merges with Greene St. Continue straight onto Greene St, go 0.3 mi
4. At the KFC, turn right onto 3rd St, go 0.3 mi
5. Turn left onto Putnam St, go 0.2 mi
6. Continue onto Putnam Bridge, go 0.2 mi
7. At the end of the bridge, turn right onto Gilman Ave, go 2.3 mi
8. At the railroad tracks, turn left onto Co Rd 4/Waterford Rd. Go 0.7 mi and range will be on your left.
Physical Address: 3120 Fifteen Mile Creek Road, Wingett Run, OH 45789
GPS Coordinates: N39.516291, W81.284924
From Interstate 77:
1. Take exit 1 toward Marietta, merge on to Pike St., go 0.3 mi
2. Take the 1st right onto Acme St, go 0.6 mi
3. At stoplight, turn right onto OH-26 N/Greene St. Continue to follow OH-26 N for 11.2 mi. Caution: OH-26 has a lot of curves and goes up and down hills.
4. After you cross a bridge, turn left onto Co Rd 12/Fifteenmile Creek Rd, go 1.4 mi
5. Note: at this point, Co Rd 12 takes a very hard right. Use caution. Continue another 1.9 mi
6. The rifle range is on your left. Continue straight for about 100 ft and go straight on to TWP 380. After you cross the low water bridge, the outdoor range will be on your left.
Range RulesFort Harmar Rifle Club General Range Rules.
If you know a member of Fort Harmar Rifle Club, ask them to take you out to the ranges and shoot a few rounds. After you have visited our ranges, we hope you'll become a member of our club. If you would like membership information, please click here, or feel free to contact us by visiting here.
On all ranges:
1. Membership cards must be present when using the ranges.
2. During all activities, range officials and/or match directors shall be identified.
3. Use of the ranges before or after a match shall be at the discretion of the Match Director.
4. All participants and spectators must wear eye and ear protection when using the ranges.
5. Spectators are not allowed on the firing line during shooting phases of the match.
6. All persons must observe firing and safety areas.
7. All applicable NRA gun handling and safety rules shall be observed.
8. Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are prohibited on club premises.
9. Anyone using the club facilities shall be responsible for any damage to the club equipment and property.
10. Users shall clean up the area after using the facilities. Trash and brass containers are available at the Indoor Range. Trash containers are available at the Outdoor Range. Please take any food remains with you when leaving.
11. Guest of members are allowed to shoot with the member, but are limited to three (3) visits per calendar year. Open match participation does not count as a visit.
12. The club member must be present before the member’s guest may shoot.
13. Club members are responsible for their guest’s conduct.
14. Nonmembers are allowed to shoot at open matches. Fees for nonmembers will be posted if different from member prices. All match attendees (shooters/observers/workers) must sign the club liability waiver form.
15. All shooting at the ranges is recommended to be between:
a. Outdoor Range: 7 a.m. to 12 midnight
b. Indoor Range: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
1. All users of the Indoor Range must sign the logbook.
2. Only .22 rimfire rifles, air-rifles and handguns, with a .22 rimfire or handgun cartridges up to and including .44 Magnum are permitted at the indoor range. Centerfire rifle cartridges, muzzleloaders, shotguns, shotgun ammo, armor piercing, or tracer ammo are prohibited at the indoor range.
3. At the indoor range, all guns will be aimed at the target so that bullets will enter the steel trap.
4. At the Indoor Range, multiple shooters must fire from the same distance line mark on the bay floor.
5. Smoking is prohibited at the indoor meeting room.
6. No food or drink in the shooting bay
1. The firing of armor piercing bullets at the steel targets on the outdoor range is prohibited.
2. Full automatic fire is permitted at the outdoor range only.
3. The Range In Use (red) flag must be raised when the outdoor rifle range is in use.
4. Bay One – Outdoor range – no shotgun type ammo is permitted.
5. Bay Three – Live Fire House – shotgun or center-fire rifle ammo is prohibited except for Sim Rounds.
6. All shooting at the outdoor range will be targets that are positioned so the bullets will impact in to the bunkers on the pistol range or into the hillside on the rifle range.
7. If the catwalk on the Live Fire House in bay 3 is in use, bays 2 and 4 are closed.